The Rules of Programming: How to Write Better Code for free download on PDF format book through a direct link on our site already has the most recent updates The book was made available by Chris Zimmerman Release on January 17, 2023, under the Programming Books genre You can now free download the most recent books and include all books on ebookszone website.
|Book Name:||The Rules of Programming: How to Write Better Code|
This philosophy-of-programming guide presents a unique and entertaining take on how to think about programming. A collection of 21 pragmatic rules, each presented in a stand-alone chapter, captures the essential wisdom that every freshly minted programmer needs to know and provides thought-provoking insights for more seasoned programmers.
Author Chris Zimmerman, cofounder of the video game studio Sucker Punch Productions, teaches basic truths of programming by wrapping them in memorable aphorisms and driving them home with examples drawn from real code. This practical guide also helps managers looking for ways to train new team members.
The rules in this book include:
- As simple as possible, but no simpler
- Let your code tell its own story
- Localize complexity
- Generalization takes three examples
- Work backward from your result, not forward from your code
- The first lesson of optimization is don’t optimize
- A good name is the best documentation
- Bugs are contagious
- Eliminate failure cases
- Code that isn’t running doesn’t work
- Sometimes you just need to hammer the nails